RESIDENTIAL PARKING PERMIT
Petition for a new Residential Parking Permit Area.
How to petition for a new Residential Parking Permit Area
1. Print the petition form above and satisfy the following requirements:
- a description or map showing the proposed residential area (at least 4 contiguous block faces)
- a signature, printer name, and address of at least 75% of addresses within the proposed area
2. Submit the petition to:
Engineering and Transportation Department, 835 E 14th Street, San Leandro, CA 94577
3. The Engineering and Transportation Department will review the petition and determine whether adequate parking restraints exist in the proposed zone.
- at least 80% of the block fronts with unlimited on-street parking must be residentially zoned
- at a minimum, 75% of all unlimited on-street parking spaces within the proposed area must be occupied during any 2 one-hour periods
4. If the petition is approved by the Engineering and Transportation Department, the petition will be presented at a Planning Commission meeting.
- Notice of the Planning Commission meeting will be mailed to properties within 300 feet of the proposed area
5. After receiving the Planning Commission recommendation, the City Council will consider a resolution to establish the proposed area.
- If approved by Council, at least 60% of the households must purchase permits before signs identifying the program and establishing the area are installed.
6. Each household may purchase a maximum of 2 annual parking permits.
- Residents must show proof of residence and motor vehicle ownership and valid registration.
- The first permit is $20 and the second is $40.
- 14 day visitor permits are available for $15 each.
Refer to Chapter 6-2-3 in the San Leandro Municipal Code to learn more.